From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Binyamin Dissen
Sent: 18 November 2020 19:06
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Finding the STEIN of another address space

ASSBISQN

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 18:04:26 -0000 Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw
<0000032fff1be9b4-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

:>I have some cross-memory code written many years ago.
:>It uses the ASVT to get the ASID of various address spaces and then uses
the :>ASID in a SSAR to establish a cross-memory link (having first issued
an :>AXSET AX=ONE).

:>All works fine until faced with an address space with a reusable ASID.
Then :>the SSAR gets a program check X'0013' and abends with a 0D3-0013
abend. This :>is all documented in the extended addressability manual here.
:>https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.
ie
:>aa500/ieaa500101.htm

:>So in order to correct my code I need to replace the SSAR instruction with
:>an SSAIR instruction, whenever the target address space is reusable. This
:>requires that I locate the STEIN (Second Table Entry Instance Number) of
the :>target address space and specify it as a SASTEIN in the high order 4
bytes :>of the 64-byte register specified on the SSAIR instruction.

:>How can I find the STEIN of the target address space?

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com> http://www.dissensoftware.com

Should you use the mailblocks package and expect a response from me, you
should preauthorize the dissensoftware.com domain.

I very rarely bother responding to challenge/response systems, especially
those from irresponsible companies.

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN