From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Al
Ferguson <afergu...@neptunescove.org>
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 7:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Has anyone integrated Rexx with IKJPARS?

FYI: EXECIO is supported by MVS and is not part of the TSO extensions/functions
of REXX.
        ADDRESS “MVS” “EXECIO ....”

It appears to work under TSO, because REXX then passes it to MVS before
throughing an error.  EXECIO can be used under IRXMVS, but you will need to use
BPXWDYN if you want to do dynamic allocation (under OS390, BPXWDYN was part of,
and required,USS. As of zOS, this is no longer the case).

Sent via Al Ferguson’s iPad