Thank you Dave.

The light finally went on.

Looping to invoke the "DISPLAY" without a panel name allows the user to update as many fields as necessary (with no scrollable area repositioning) until they hit END (or CANCEL).

IBM is looking into the fact that "DOWN FRED" leaves "FRED" on the command line and the cursor is not repositioned to the start of the line.

Dan
-----Original Message----- From: David Crayford Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:14 AM Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main Subject: Re: ISPF Scrollable area

Dan, no worries. You can't do that in dialog test 7.2. You have to use 7.1 and launch your driver rexx or program. As I previously mentioned display the panel with a panel name and then drop into a display loop without the panel name. The link I sent you wrt panel reinitialization has a flow chart which explains in detail the flow. Also check the manuals for the REFRESH panel function which you will probably need in the )reinit section.