On 2020-12-21 18:00, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 19:38:30 +0000, Robert Prins  wrote:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=147550

Where I read:
     It would be useful is the current limit would be raised to a higher value,
     and the logical value would be 32767, the maximum 2-byte signed value.

Ummm...
     32760 for RECFM=FB
     32756 for RECFM=VB
     ???? for RECFM=VBS  (but does SuperC support VBS?)
     ???? for UNIX files
But I believe for UNIX, SUPERC uses QSAM, which imposes the limits above.

Underreaching.  SuperC should impose *no* limit of its own, but simply
OPEN OLDDD and NEWDD and reflect any errors reported by OPEN.
Access method limitations are documented in "Using Data Sets".

(When last I tried, SuperC accepted allocated UNIX files for OLDD
  and NEWDD, but not for DELDD.  Go figger.)

Updated to:

It would be useful is the current limit would be raised to a higher value, and tentative maximum values could be 27998, the non-spanned maximum blocksize for 3390 devices, or 32767, the maximum signed value for a halfword, but even a value of 1024 or 4096 would be more helpful.

--
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins(a)gmail.com