From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Patrick Falcone
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 03:09
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DFSORT Weirdness

Hmm...I've been following this as well. So I'm wondering what affect
dynamically cutting over the disk subsystem by delete/draining from old aux.
while adding new aux. might have on STGTEST, prior to the IPL to
cleanup/cutover. I saw some strangeness during this type cutover on a DB2 LPAR
where aux. took a jump, aux. datasets were very uneven in slot allocation and
we were facing an aux. storage shortage. This could have been WAD but we almost
painted ourselves into a corner with this one. I'm wondering how STGTEST looks
at a delete/drain status of an aux. storage volume in his scheme of things.

Thanks for your input Jim.