From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Steve Lee
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 11:28 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Lpar deletion from IODF [EXTERNAL]

Dear,

Using HCD, there is a need to remove a Lpar(Partition) definition from a CEC.
As we know much on it, I removed a lpar from the Processor definition which is
followed into Processor ID>CSS ID>6. Work with partition.
Selected the Lpar and deleted with a Work IODF, and ready to build a Production
IODF.

With this process, it is pretty quite simple and straight forward removing the
lpar. I however, make sure of a few others that I am a bit concerned below:

1. may lose any of connection from other existing lpars
2. may have any messages from consoles on other existing lpars
3. may have some stuff to do with Sysplex coupled with two CECs, and CF01, 02
in each CEC
4. may have an issue when dynamic refresh with this Lpar removal IODF over all
lpars in the CEC in implementing "Activate S/W, and H/W configuration
5. anything that I am not aware of

Any input from youall will greatly be appreciated, let me know if any further
information needed. Thanks huge in advance!!

Steve

lists...@listserv.ua.edu<mailto:lists...@listserv.ua.edu> with the message:
INFO IBM-MAIN

Please note:  This message originated outside your organization. Please use
caution when opening links or attachments.