On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 17:02:01 +0000, Farley, Peter x23353
<peter.far...@broadridge.com> wrote:

>Obvious application-level solution: Make sure your program occupies whole
>pages by adding adjusted DC XLnnnn at the end to get to a 4096-byte boundary.

Length is limited to 256.  With hardware generations, pages get larger

Half-assed implementation.

And Key 0 exemption?  But some kernel code is historically or necessarily
self-modifying.

A co-worker once (successfully) claimed an exemption from our REFR
coding standard, arguing (accurately) that his code never ran in a
multi-threaded context.

But ObEmerson.

What is the performance tradeoff between voiding the I-Cache and
GETMAIN/FREEMAIN for subroutine ENTRY/RETURN?

Harder to detect self-modification.

></snip>
>But now there is an intrinsic penalty from mixing I-cache and D-cache but
>presumably not enough to merit changing.

-- gil