From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Edgington, Jerry
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 12:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Datasets with - in HLQ

I am trying to add VSAM datasets to RMFGAT for monitoring, but RMF doesn't like
the - in HLQ, which is valid. Does anyone know what the syntax should be to add
this type of dataset?

F RMF,F III,VSAMRLS(ADD(XXX-LQAV.CONTROL.MASTER))

I get this error, when trying to add the dataset:
ERB300I III: SYNTAX ERROR IN OR FOLLOWING TEXT BEGINNING 'S(ADD(XX-L
ERB300I III:     QAV.CONTROL.MAS' IN OPERATOR INPUT
ERB224I III: '-LQAV.CONTROL.MASTER)' SKIPPED DUE TO PREVIOUS ERROR

Thanks,
Jerry Edgington