<snip>
Writing and debugging an assembler code which has MODESET instruction to
change key and while debugging it via IDF or Debug tool both abend with
S047(APF) issue.
</snip>

Depending on what means by debugging (for example, debugging is often
after the fact - figuring out what went wrong from a dump and any other
diagnostic data - versus some sort of stepping through code), this still
seems like a curious way to word a problem.

If assembler code issues the MODESET macro, either it is done in an
authorized environment or you are not. Either it will succeed or it will
not. What does it mean for a tool to "abend with S047(APF) issue"? If your
program can successfuly issue modeset, so can anything else. Now, if you
told me that you were getting a LOAD failure because some library used by
the debugger was not APF-authorized yet your jobstep was, that I would
understand. Or if you told me that it was your module's MODESET that
failed because the jobstep is not APF-authorized, I would understand.

I wouldn't think that the debuggers tamper with the authorization
environment.

What's the story?

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design