- I found z/OSMF frustrating.  I wrote a post on a practical guide to
   get it working

<https://colinpaice.blog/2020/12/21/a-practical-guide-to-getting-z-osmf-working/>
   as it is not very well designed for digital certificates.
   - The server certificate they create is badly defined, missing the
      ALTNAME.  This means my browser whinges "your connection is not private"
      when I try to use it.
   - I could not find  the "real world" perspective I would expect from a
   strategic product.  For example
   - How do I setup z/OSMF in a sysplex - one on each LPAR? Do I get
      single-system-image so any personal configuration is available
where-ever I
      logon?
      - Can I set up two instances on one LPAR (for availability),  if so
      what do I need to think about
      - How do I set up up production and test on the same LPAR
      - I have two TCPIP stacks, is this supported?
      - If I shut it down on this LPAR, can I just start it on that LPAR?
      - It recreates the configuration file every time (unless you edit the
   JCL proc and remove this step) So you are familiar with Liberty on z/OS,
   you have to be careful about customising it.
   - You need a big screen because it goes with "tiles" instead of compact
   icons.  I could not find a way of customising the display
   - I found some of it a bit buggy.  If you stick to the "golden path"
   which has been well tested you'll be fine.
   - On my zPDT running z/OS under Ubuntu, it is slow to start.   You can
   improve this, see here

<https://colinpaice.blog/2021/02/19/why-do-they-ship-java-products-on-z-os-with-the-handbrake-on-and-how-to-take-the-brake-off/>
   .

Like all web based interfaces, it has been designed to be driven by a
mouse, rather than the keyboard.  I think it is fine for those with some
experience of z/OS as it reduces the knowledge you need to need to do some
tasks.  As an experienced z/OS person I found it bit mouse-clicky and
slower than I would like.   As this is designed to help the newer
generation I think being clicky is OK.
Colin