1. IBM TS7700
Real tapes only as VTS backend -

TS7760 has option to do not destage data to real tapes. All data stay in VTS
(as other vendors does).

2. STK/Sun/Oracle VSM
what about T10000? Is it still offered?
(I mean new sale, not an upgrade or service)

As I know Oracle is going out of Tape (real or VTS) as warranty or maintenance
agreements ends.

3. EMC DLm (former BusTech)

It is live and well. Product is available for marketing.

4. Interkom Gmbh
(I think it is based on Luminex solution)

Never listen about InterKom.

5. Secureagent

I haven´t details about.

6. Luminex (???)

Its is live and well. Product is available for marketing. They have an FTP
(File Transfer) option called MDI that speed up and make FTP secure. It is
based in their VTL solution. Different from IBM, EMC/DELL and Oracle that uses
own storage, with Luminex you can use virtually any FC or iSCSI storage to be
data repository for Luminex appliance.

7. Others? Fujitsu?

I never listen about Fujitsu to has available a VTS, but Hitachi is partner of
Luminex. Luminex supply VTL appliance and Hitachi supply storage to be used as
repository data for Luminex appliance.

Carlos Bodra
IBM zEnterprise Certified
São Paulo – SP – Brazil