Dear Folks,

     I am trying to improve my COPYMODS program (CBT Tape File 229), and I need some sample tape-images to look at.  The tape-images should really be disk files, tape files in AWS format, so that I can look at their data and program accordingly.

     The tape images I need are:  SL tapes with 256K block size, and ASCII Tapes (type 4 or even type 3).  If you have one type but not the other, that's fine.  The 256K block size tape is more critical for what I need to do.

     Please make sure that the data is not sensitive.  I only care about handling the block size, and the tape labels.  I don't care about the particulars of the data.

     Please attach the data to an email to me.  If you have any questions, please write to me off-list.

     THANK YOU.......

Sincerely,     Sam Golob

P.S.  The COPYMODS program, even as it is now, can do many things with tapes that you may not have thought possible.  On CBT File 229, there is a help member COPYMOD#, which explains the options that are possible.  Basically, the program can copy tapes, and change or fix them in the copied tape.  But it can also initialize tapes and do a bunch of other good stuff.  It pays to have a look. Currently the program is limited to 64K block size, but since the operating system can now easily produce 256K blocked tapes as well, it's time to try and catch up. The other thing to note, is that tape copying programs and tape MAPPING programs are closely related.  And COPYMODS has PARM=READ, to examine a tape, without copying it to another tape.  (You need to set the proper options, in order to get the appropriate tape content information.)