Andrew thank you.

I agree on your point about keeping decompression and text conversion separate.

The kind of full text conversion which unterse may perform only applies to text only files. Also for this limited use case, properly managing mainframe code pages is impossible as the terse container doesn't carry such information, and one can only guess.

Making WWUNTERSE available we just wanted to share with the community something we found useful in our day by day activity.

I hope this helps,
mario