>From what I've found on my googles it looks like perhaps this was once
>possible, but I am wondering if it is still possible.  Basically, I am getting
>an issue with the __poe() function being called, and I have neither UID(0) nor
>BPX.POE rights.

Here is what I've tried.

- Created my own directory, $HOME/sshlab.
- Copied sshd_config and zos_sshd_config from the /samples directory to my
sshlab directory.
- Generated my DSA, RSA and ECDSA keys
- Updated my sshd_config to point to those keys (via HostKey)
- Use port 54322
- Use my own sshd.pid file
- Turned off "privilege separation"

So my updates to sshd_config are as follows:
HostKey /u/dvfjs/sshlab/ssh_host_rsa_key
HostKey /u/dvfjs/sshlab/ssh_host_dsa_key
HostKey /u/dvfjs/sshlab/ssh_host_ecdsa_key
Port 54322
PidFile /u/dvfjs/sshlab/sshd.pid
UsePrivilegeSeparation no

I had to copy sshd to my own bin directory so that I could execute it.

I then execute in debug mode:
_ZOS_SSHD_CONFIG=$HOME/sshlab/zos_sshd_config $HOME/bin/sshd -f
$HOME/sshlab/sshd_config -Dde

This works so far:

debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_6.4, OpenSSL 1.0.2h  3 May 2016
debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
debug1: private host key: #0 type 1 RSA
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: private host key: #1 type 2 DSA
debug1: read PEM private key done: type ECDSA
debug1: private host key: #2 type 3 ECDSA
debug1: setgroups() failed: EDC5139I Operation not permitted.
(errno2=0x0BD60000)
debug1: rexec_argv[0]='/u/dvfjs/bin/sshd'
debug1: rexec_argv[1]='-f'
debug1: rexec_argv[2]='/u/dvfjs/sshlab/sshd_config'
debug1: rexec_argv[3]='-Dde'
debug1: CSVDYNEX: The exit HZSADDCHECK module FOTM4ASH is already existed:
rc=4, rsn=1025
debug1: HZSCHECK: Unable to register the ssh Health Check routine: rc=8,
rsn=84609025
debug1: CSVDYNEX: The exit HZSADDCHECK module FOTM4ASD is already existed:
rc=4, rsn=1025
debug1: HZSCHECK: Unable to register the sshd Health Check routine: rc=8,
rsn=84609025
debug1: Bind to port 54322 on 0.0.0.0.
Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 54322.

But when I connect to it from an ssh client I get this:

debug1: fd 4 clearing O_NONBLOCK
debug1: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.
debug1: rexec start in 4 out 4 newsock 4 pipe -1 sock 7
debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_6.4, OpenSSL 1.0.2h  3 May 2016
debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
debug1: private host key: #0 type 1 RSA
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: private host key: #1 type 2 DSA
debug1: read PEM private key done: type ECDSA
debug1: private host key: #2 type 3 ECDSA
debug1: setgroups() failed: EDC5139I Operation not permitted.
(errno2=0x0BD60000)
debug1: CSVDYNEX: The exit HZSADDCHECK module FOTM4ASH is already existed:
rc=4, rsn=1025
debug1: HZSCHECK: Unable to register the ssh Health Check routine: rc=8,
rsn=84609025
debug1: CSVDYNEX: The exit HZSADDCHECK module FOTM4ASD is already existed:
rc=4, rsn=1025
debug1: HZSCHECK: Unable to register the sshd Health Check routine: rc=8,
rsn=84609025
debug1: inetd sockets after dupping: 3, 3
FOTS1446 __poe() failed for accepted socket: EDC5139I Operation not permitted.
(errno2=0x1331056F)

sshd then terminates.  I've not been able to find a setting that will turn of
the call to __poe(), or ignore its failure result.  Am I just out of luck until
I can get a sysprog to set it up (or assign me BPX.POE rights, I suppose)?