The old yet still used airline control program.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, March 19, 2021, 8:03 PM, Radoslaw Skorupka <r.skoru...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

I know the IBM-MAIN forum is mostly about z/OS, but I wanted to ask
about about z/TPF - it seems to be on topic.

z/TPF

TPF is the system I have never seen.
I'm pretty sure there is no TPF installation in Poland.
However I'm curious about the following:
1. What is typical size of TPF system? I mean MIPS sizing. Is it huge or
rather small?
2. Does TPF typically run in bare LPAR or it is usually run under z/VM,
like z/VSE is?
3. What is the pricing of TPF?
3.1 Is it just single price per system, I mean no paid optional features
like in z/OS?
3.2 Is it expensive? I heard, it is much more expensive, when compared
to z/OS running on the same MIPS base.
4. Any special settings in LPAR definitions? I remember about specia
LPAR mode - ESA/TPF or so. However I don't know any explanation of the
difference.
5. Does it use regular CP's only? Or maybe there are some workloads
applicable to zIIP or even other processors?
6. Does it use SAP processors more extensively than other OSes? I heard
about it.
7. Does exist any z/TPF forum like IBM-MAIN?
8. What are known customers? I'm not asking about company secrets, but I
know (knowledge publicly available) about Citi, Marriott, VISA, BofA,
American Airlines, BA, Sabre, Amadeus and some more. Any other known
notable customers? Banks? ATMs? Reservations? Hotels? Anything else?

Any clue will be appreciated. I have to secret plan, I just want to
learn about it. Just curiosity.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
(looking for new job)