IEFSD095! In my early days (1968) working in POK, OS/360 System Design
Department, I came across that very module -- and couldn't believe its
blecherous code. It wasn't my assignment, but in not much time I rewrote it and
ran speed tests, proving that my version was some multiple faster than the
original. I couldn't get it integrated/shipped, of course, because of testing,
regression testing, and other such fun reasons. Also of course, because OS
wasn't spending that much time formatting large block letters on job output, so
the overall improvement would have been minimal, at best. Ah, youth.