IMHO not really.

By freezing the system you disrupt all the online processing and you loose capability to find out what's wrong. I had to do with CPU hogging tasks and spool 100% filled by some ugly job. In both cases the very first thing to fix it was to logon to the system.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
(looking for new job)