Maybe IBM is waiting until z/OS 2.4 is the lowest level still in support
:)  Java 11 for z/OS was announced as statement of direction over a year
ago, and includes capability that prereqs z/OS 2.4 ... but IBM forgot to
include that requirement in the SOD.  Fwiw, Linux on z has Java 11
available today, of course that doesn't have JZOS or all the other z/OS
complexity.  I hope I was being facetious as z/OS 2.3 EOS is Sept 2022.