Yeah, that's what I said:  I would use LISTCAT, but it won't work on
uncatalogued datasets.  And I see I left something out:  I'm writing a REXX.
I can do it in 3.4, but there are too many datasets; I'm tired of doing it
manually, especially as I suppose I'll need the process more than once.

...Although come to think of it I can use 3.4 in a REXX, too; DSLIST, is
that the service?  I don't think I've ever done that before, but I guess it
would solve my problem.

As I just told someone else, I've heard about CBT for years but never pulled
anything from it:  I assume clients will be reluctant (or more) to put
unknown software on their expensive mainframes.  I'm looking for plain
vanilla tools.

On the other hand, I've been at sites where they use certain CBT functions,
and CBT is after all well known.  Maybe if I ask my local systems programmer
he'll say "sure, we don't mind using CBT stuff".  Guess I should at least
ask.

---

/* People are always asking couples whose marriages have endured at least a
quarter of a century for their secret for success.  Actually, it is no
secret at all.  I am a forgiving woman.  Long ago, I forgave my husband for
not being Paul Newman.  -Erma Bombeck */