On 11/04/2021 3:18 am, Phil Smith III wrote:
Allan Staller wrote:

I don't follow JAVA closely enough to wonder about what happened to
JAVA9/JAVA10 on z/OS.

Java 9 and Java 10 were short-lived and are unsupported everywhere, so don't
worry about them. For that matter, 12 through 15 are basically dead, too.
For all practical purposes, 8, 11, and 16 are all that matter.

Spot on! The Java LTS releases are the only versions of interest. I fear that z/OS is the problem child that IBM are not showing any love to!

We want nice things too!

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_version_history for more than you
want to know about it.

...phsiii