On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 20:27:03 -0600, Roger Bolan <rogerbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>As Salva said the logo itself is likely a page segment.  If you browse the
>AFP resource itself, it probably has some lines at the top that will
>identify the tool that made it.  It sounds like to change the logo, they
>would change the image, replace the page segment member with the new logo
>with the same name, and then you might not need to change overlay, pagedef,
>or formdef at all.
>If the user has IBM support contracts to allow for support for usage or
>"how to" questions, the best thing would be to open a case so IBM can help
>with access to the data.
>
>If he can't determine or use the original tool for some reason, he could
>try downloading the AFP Printer Driver from this web site:
>https://dl.ricohsoftware.com/downloads/aa9a248e-101c-4aa6-b109-1cf7403f3b4f
>
>Yes, that's a Ricoh site.  The old IBM Printing Systems Division is part of
>Ricoh nowadays.
>With that printer driver you can configure to "print" any image on Windows
>into an AFP page segment.
>
>Then the binary page segment file can be uploaded to z/OS.  If it needs to
>go into an MVS library you can use AFRREBLK (part of PSF) to turn the file
>into a library member.

Hi, Roger.  Thanks, everyone.  The OGL reference put me on the right track
(overlay referenced by FORMDEF points to a SEGMENT that sits in the mystical
AFP Resource Library).   I eventually tripped over the AFP Print driver and
found that the AFP Workbench Viewer was the way to generate a new PSEG.

This was all really really vague in the books with respect to getting things
into an "AFP resource library".   There was no googleable answer to the
question of "How to get a JPEG into a PSF overlay?"

While researching, it sent me down memory lane to when I was doing PSF/VM
testing and working with the dev team in Boulder.  PSF is what persuaded me to
leave VM code development in the late 1980s and move into VM System Test for 12
years.  Last year I tried to see if I could re-establish contact my old PSF/VM
test environment, but there was nothing but faint echoes and cobwebs where code
and configuration files used to live, though I did find the SFCM and PDMREM1
userids still extant after all this time.  (sniff)

Alan Altmark
z/VM Consultant
IBM Lab Services