On Mon, 10 May 2021 13:15:38 -0400, David Spiegel wrote:

>I added a CLIST as part of a PTF.
>(This is not vendor software.)
>++CLIST(ABCXYZ) ALIAS(XYZ) DISTLIB(ACLIST) SYSLIB(CLIST).
>PROC 0
>WRITE HI
>
>When I ran the APPLY Job, the IEBCOPY Output showed
>COPY OUTDD=CLIST,INDD=SMPWRK6
>  S M=((A0000000,ABCXYZ,R))
>
>Where does (the ALIAS) XYZ get copied to //CLIST?
>(It is there after the Job runs, but, there is no record of it in the
>Job Output.)

Does IEBCOPY normally log that?

The Ref. is tantalizingly vague:
• Replacement elements (MACs, MODs, data elements, and program elements):
  1. If a list of aliases is specified on the SMP/E message control statement,
these aliases
    are used. The new list replaces any alias subentries in the distribution
zone element entry.

It doesn't say how.  Perhaps SMP/E does ad-hoc STOWs.

"message control statment" (dozens of times)?  "MCS (Modification Control
Statement)"?
Whatever.

-- gil