You should probably ask your question on the mvs-oe list:
http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=MVS-OE&H=VM.MARIST.EDU

I don't know how to do this with a shell command,  I think that you would
have write a program.   If your system has IBM Ported Tools perl, then that
would work (google "perl date arithmetic").

I was thinking that another path might be to write a shell script in REXX
and use the Unix syscalls.  But the one you really need, mktime(), isn't
listed in the "Using REXX with Unix System Services".  Pity, that would
have been quite doable.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com