From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Richards, Robert B. (CTR) [000001c91f408b9e-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 10:21 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: JES2 environment outside of a sysplex?

I am installing z/OS 2.4 on my sandbox system and discovered I have
inadvertently missed some PTFs on both 2.4 and 2.3 to resolve a JES2 downlevel
condition. JES2 (in a MAS) produced errors and will not start until this issue
is resolved.

I've applied the fixes for both z/OS environments but need to migrate those
fixes to development and production lpars that are still under z/OS 2.3 and all
in the same MAS configuration.

My question is this:

Temporary condition:  Is it okay to fire up a different JES2 spool and
checkpoints on the sandbox system, removing the MAS definitions,etc. while
still being part of the sysplex *and* those systems still believing that the
sandbox JES2 is still part of their MAS? That will allow me to continue to work
on the z/OS 2.4 implementation without waiting for our change management
process to propagate the fixes across the other environments.

Or do I need to IPL as a monoplex? Or do I need to wait until the fixes have
been installed across the board?

Bob