On 22/06/2021 3:21 am, Seymour J Metz wrote:
When someone ports OOREXX to z/OS and adds TSO support.

Never going to happen. I ported ooRexx to z/OS UNIX over a decade ago and getting it to work in TSO is a heavy lift. It doesn't use fopen() so needs a lot of patching to work with MVS data sets. It's not worth the effort. There are better, more modern languages available on z/OS now so it's only
the diehard REXXers that are interested.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
David Crayford [dcrayf...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2021 9:40 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Coding for the future

On 21/06/2021 2:08 am, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
Do you want to report every error, or leave after the first one?
I wish Rexx supported multi-line strings.

I wish Rexx would let me:
      do List = "ssn ssx stm wcn wcx wln wlx wld" while List<>""
          parse var List L List
          /* etc.  */
When will REXX support iterators and generators like Python, Ruby, Lua etc

for word in "ssn ssx stm wcn wcx wln wlx wld".split()