On Sat, 26 Jun 2021 22:49:43 -0400, David Spiegel wrote:

>The newline as part of a string is critical in VM-Land for PROFILE EXECs
>which want to IPL a Guest in a Rexx Exec.
>It is necessary because, as soon as the TERM CONMODE 3270 is issued, CMS
>is blown away, yet, the string is still in the CP Command buffer
>(waiting to executed).

Isn't that neither X2C("0A") nor '15'x nor ESC_N, but the value set by
CP TERM LINEND, by default '#'?

I set CP TERM LINEND off in my PROFILE EXEC because all the default
options are too useful otherwise.

XEDIT has its own LINEND setting.  Default was '#" which caused me a
problem trying to XEDIT a file (supplied by IBM) with '#' in its name
when I couldn't disable XEDIT's LINEND before LOADing the file.
IBM fixed that by APAR to make XEDIT's default the CP value/

>On 2021-06-26 08:25, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:57:54 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:
>>> And regarding #2, similarly
>>>
>>> Bar = "blah blah" || X2C("0A") || "blah blah"
>>>
>> Or, perhaps:
>>
>> This may motivate a question on TSO-REXX.

-- gil