On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:33:36 +0100, Monika Amiss wrote:

> I have a strange behavior. In the first step I call an Shellscript which does
>        cp /user/tmp.txt "//'TEST.DATASET'".
>The TEST.DATASET ist predefined and empty.
>If I run only Step01 everything is Okay, the TEST.DATASET is filled with the
>data.
>But if I run it with STEP01 and STEP02, I get in STEP01 (!!!!) the following
>error
>message:
> cp: FSUM6259 target file "//'TEST.DATASET'": EDC5061I An error occurred when
> attempting to define a file to the system.
>
>//STEP01  EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH
>//STDOUT   DD  SYSOUT=*
>//STDERR   DD  SYSOUT=*
>//STDPARM  DD  *
>SH /user/copy.sh
>/*
>//STDENV DD *
>_BPX_SHAREAS=YES
>_BPX_SPAWN_SCRIPT=YES
>/*
>//STEP02 EXEC PGM=TESTLEER
>//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
>//DD01    DD DSN=TEST.DATASET,DISP=SHR
>//
>
>We're running z/OS1.12 & JES3.
>Somebody has an idea? Any hint appreciated.

STEP02 causes the initiator, at the beginning of the job, to
issue an ENQ SHR SYSDSN TEST.DATASET.  BPXBATCH,
regardless of _BPX_SHAREAS or _BPX_SPAWN_SCRIPT, runs
the command in a separate address space.  cp attempts to
obtain an ENQ EXC SYSDSN TEST.DATASET, contending with
the initiator.

Are there any messages in SYSLOG or the JES job log?

-- gil