IMO, the simplest way is to use IEBGENER.

//COPYUNIX EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD DUMMY
//SYSUT1 DD PATH='/path/to/unix.file',
// PATHOPTS=(ORDONLY),
// RECFM=?,LRECL=?,BLKSIZE=?,
// FILEDATA=TEXT
//SYSUT2 DD DSN=NEW.ZOS.DSN,
// RECFM=?,LRECL=?,BLKSIZE=?,
// SPACE=(CYL,(1,20),RLSE),
// UNIT=SYSDA

Just fill in the appropriate values for RECFM, LRECL, BLKSIZE, and SPACE.

There are TSO commands such as OCOPY and OGET. Also, the "cp" command for
the z/OS UNIX shell. But IEBGENER is the simplest JCL way to do it.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Leonard Sasso <lsa...@csc.com> wrote:

> What program can be used to copy a HFS file to a MVS Data Set?
>

> Thank You.
>
> Len Sasso
> RDC Applications Management - System Administrator, Senior Professional
> Backup QMR
> CSC
>
> 327 Columbia Turnpike, Rensselaer NY 12144
> National Infrastructure Services (NIS) | t: 518.257-4209 | m: 518.894-0879
> | f: 518.257-4300 | lsa...@csc.com | www.csc.com

> delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to
> bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit
> written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
> e-mail for such purpose.

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown