From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ed Jaffe
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2021 7:24 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Serverpac installs January 2022 and beyond

Caution! This message was sent from outside your organization.

On 7/17/2021 3:46 AM, Brian Westerman wrote:
> Asking a site that is able to function within their requirements and existing
> SLA's to upgrade their box to more than 4x the existing size just to run
> z/OSMF is just never going to be economically feasible.  Even on sites with
> larger machines, they may not have the extra capacity to provide z/OSMF with
> what it needs to function properly.

Since z/OSMF is a Java application, there is no need to upgrade the box at all
in the classic sense of increasing its MSU capacity.

What you do instead is purchase/enable a single zIIP engine, share it among all
z/OS LPARs via the HMC, and set ZZ=YES (zAAP on zIIP) in IEASYSxx on z/OS.

Voila! z/OSMF runs like a champ and your software bill does not go up one iota.
In fact, it could go down slightly due to zIIP exploitation by other CPU-hungry
products.
--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe