From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
PINION, RICHARD W.
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 4:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: zEDC compression on z13 and z15

[External Email. Exercise caution when clicking links or opening attachments.]

OK, I've created another dataset that is single volume, same size.

General Data                           Current Allocation
 Management class . . : DE180DAY        Allocated cylinders : 4,279
 Storage class  . . . : STANDARD        Allocated extents . : 5
  Volume serial . . . : TL0018
  Device type . . . . : 3390
 Data class . . . . . : COMP
  Organization  . . . : PS             Current Utilization
  Record format . . . : VB              Used cylinders  . . : 4,279
  Record length . . . : 23552           Used extents  . . . : 5
  Block size  . . . . : 32760
  1st extent cylinders: 4000
  Secondary cylinders : 100            Dates
  Data set name type  : EXTENDED        Creation date . . . : 2021/07/22
                                        Referenced date . . : 2021/07/22
                                        Expiration date . . : ***None***
  SMS Compressible  . : YES
  Extended Attributes   NO

Also, I checked IFAPRDxx to make sure, zEDC is enabled, after the IPL from this
weekend.

-D PROD,state,all
 IFA111I 15.47.44 PROD DISPLAY 490
 S OWNER            NAME             FEATURE          VERSION  ID
E IBM CORP         Z/OS                ZEDC                * .* .*  5650-ZOS