I saw an item that anne & lynn wrote about some hack (first I have heard of this myself) that was part of the Y2K re-mediation:

Anne & Lynn:
"other Y2K trivia ... one of the too-big-to-fail financial institutions
had outsourced much of their Y2K remediation to the lowest bidder ...
in this case a software company located it in the Brighton Beach area of
Brooklyn. It wasn't until it was long over that they found out it was a
front for an ethnic criminal organization (interesting hacks were found
in various places that would trigger unlogged wire transfers to various
places around the world)."

Just wondered if anyone had heard of any other Y2K hacks?

Ed