Hi Lizette,
COPYTREE

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.4.0?topic=scd-copytree-make-copy-file-hierarchy-while-preserving-all-file-attributes

Regards,
David

On 2021-07-28 14:10, Lizette Koehler wrote:
Dearest List -

I am not well trained in USS, partially because I do not need to do it often

I have been asked to do the following.  I am not sure of the specific
command in USS or best way to do it.  Any specific examples will be helpful

I have mounted on /path a single filesystem consisting of 3 paths

   /path/path1

   /path/path2

   /path/path3

I now need to take each of those three paths and create a new zFS for each
one (easy) and then copy the original /path/path1 to the new zFS file system
and mount it in the same place

Once the filesystem is not used I will

Unmount /path

Mount /tmppath/path

Mount the new zFS filesystems

   /newpath1

   /newpath2

   /newpath3

What I do not know is how to copy everything (paths etc. ) from
/tmppath/path/path1 to /newpath1

Any pointers or suggestions welcomed.  Hopefully I explained it well without
incorrectly stating the USS part.

I tried searching the internet and got information over load on USS.

Lizette

.