> What's DFSORT's operator precedence?  Was it necessary to bracket the
> conjunctions in order that they have higher precedence than
> the alternations?

Gil,

I vaguely remember that we went over this before. Any way here is DFSORT's
operator precedence.

"AND statements are evaluated before OR statements unless parentheses are
used to change the order of evaluation; expressions inside parentheses are
always evaluated first. (Nesting of parentheses is limited only by the
amount of storage available.)"

Here is the documentation that shows DFSORT's operator precedence.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.3.0?topic=statement-relational-condition

> Are you just rewriting Radoslaw's expression according to the
Distributive Law?
> Does DFSORTT not recognize the Distributive Law?

There is NO need to code the statements the way that Mike has coded as
DFSORT recongizes the distributive law.  My earlier post is a testament
that Op's original control cards can be used to get the desired results.
A positive test condition (EQ) would be straight forward , however a
negative test (NE) with OR conditions can be a monkey wrench. coding the
conditions in parenthesis makes the evaluations in the right order and also
would be easy to understand and maintain.

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation