From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Allan Staller
Sent: 10 August 2021 20:22
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Communication between two computer systems (LPARS or physical)

EXTERNAL EMAIL

Classification: Confidential

XCF (either via CF or CTC)).
RYO method for communication

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Steff Gladstone
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 7:06 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

[CAUTION: This Email is from outside the Organization. Unless you trust the
sender, Don’t click links or open attachments as it may be a Phishing email,
which can steal your Information and compromise your Computer.]

We have global data pointed to by a name-token that is available to all the
address spaces in each computer system.  We want to make sure that any updates
to the data in one system are broadcast to the other computer systems in the
installation (LPARs or physical computers).  Or at the very least notify the
other systems that their data is not up-to-date. What would be the simplest and
cheapest way to send some kind of signal from one system to the other without
requiring I/O to shared DASD?

We thought of issuing a console command starting a started task in each of the
other computer systems  (the JES2 spool is shared by all the systems.) .
But this is problematic since the required SVC (34) requires that the
program be authorized.   Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Steff Gladstone

::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission.
The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore
not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or
opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and
may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any
form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for
viruses and other defects.