From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Dana Mitchell
Sent: 19 August 2021 20:28
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: ISPF Hilite unavailable

Hello,

On a z/OS 2.1 system,  when I try HILITE ON  or any HILITE command, I receive
msg ISRE944:

The HILITE command is not available when enhanced edit color is not enabled.
Enhanced edit color is either disabled in the PDF configuration table, or the
edit panel in use does not support enhanced edit color or you issued the HILITE
disable command.

In the ISPF configuration, 'Allow Edit Highlighting'  is selected.  I also
noticed that for some reason  when editing or viewing, it is using panel
ISREDDE5  which does not have the ZSHADOW variable specified.

I'm not sure what else could cause hilite to be unavailable.  There could
possibly be some local modification here, but I haven't found anything yet.
Looking for ideas.
Dana