From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin [0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 6:27 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: RENT binder option

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 03:33:36 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>I believe that with REFRPROT, a 5KiB module with RENT will be loaded into two
>pages both of which are page protected.

RENT does not imply REFR.  Doesn't REFRPROT protect only, well, REFR?

Aren't pages far larger than 4KiB nowadays?

Regardless if, as some believe, pages partially occupied by REFR objects  are
unprotected, that strikes me as a false economy.  What's the point?  To be able
to use the remainder of such pages for non-REFR code, or for data?

-- gil