Answering my own question [for the archives] - LE expects a COBOL MAIN entry
[subtasked or not] to be invoked via the "EXEC PARM=..." convention.

So, in the Assembler middleman I had to take the original pointer in R1 and
save it as the only passing parm in an EXEC_PARMS area, then Attach with R1
pointing to A(EXEC_PARMS).  The opposite conversion into the CALL <pgm> USING
<parms> format is taking place in the COBOL MAIN stub.  Unfortunately, the
COBOL stub needs to know the NUMBER of such parameters to be able to issue a
respective CALL, so for now I am settling just for one such parm.

-Victor-