> I believe that if a CLIST begins withh a /* Rexx */ comment but that "operand"
> is omitted it will execute as a CLIST regardless.

No: it examines the first line.

> OMVS is worse.  If an EXEC is spawned with a fully-qualified path, spawn
> invokes the Rexx interpreter passing it the filename but not the path.
> The interpreter searches for that name in directories in the PATH environment
> variable.

Ouch! Is that bug documented (BAD)?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 17:11:50 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>By directly, do you  mean explicit use of EXEC? There's an operand to
>distinguish CLIST from REXX.

I believe that if a CLIST begins withh a /* Rexx */ comment but that "operand"
is omitted it will execute as a CLIST regardless.

OMVS is worse.  If an EXEC is spawned with a fully-qualified path, spawn
invokes the Rexx interpreter passing it the filename but not the path.
The interpreter searches for that name in directories in the PATH environment
variable.  If not found, it fails with a message.  If a different instance with
the same name is found it interprets that rather than the one in the specified
path.

IBM does not consider this a problem.

-- gil