Besides not needing DCB, DSORG is usually useless as well.

Regards,
David

On 2021-10-06 09:57, Bob Bridges wrote:
Just a side comment, you may be in the minority putting DISP first, but the minority
isn't tiny; my observation is that a lot of folks do it.  I sometimes do myself -- I like
making parms line up, it often makes them easier to read -- but alas, my habit is still
to put it after the DSN.  Always in the same order, in fact, so I guess I have a
"standard" even though it's peculiar to me:

   //DDNAME   DD DSN=DATA.SET.NAME,DISP=(,CATLG),
   //            DCB=(DSORG=PS,RECFM=VB,LRECL=1028[,BLKSIZE=half-tracK]),
   //            [UNIT=something,]SPACE=(CYL,(5,20),RLSE)

Yeah, I still do DCB=(...).  I learned JCL forty years ago.  I hear it's no
longer needed, but I'm used to it.  Sue me.

---

/* When I heated my home with oil, I used an average of 800 gallons a year.  I
have found that I can keep comfortably warm for an entire winter with slightly
over half that quantity of beer.   -Dave Barry, _Postpetroleum Guzzler_ */