>Hi,
>I was asked to attempt to link a object deck from VSE in z/OS.
>The program is a COBOL2 program, but the source has been lost.

I have been recommending The Source Recovery Company for 25 years!
 https://www.source-recovery.com/
You can send them your executable (not the object deck) and they
can re-create the COBOL source!  The data names and paragraph names
will be machine generated, but you could compile with COBOL V6 on z/OS!

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<