> Things have moved on somewhat. Having cancelled the deployment
> dialogue and started again (possibly with a different 2.4 software
> instance - I am not sure which one I selected the first time) I
> found that most of the datasets were correctly matched against the
> 2.4 configuration and correctly renamed to match those 2.4 datasets.
> This clears up any confusion I may have had about what dataset names
> should be used - the eventual target dataset name (which it should
> in fact be), or the server pack source name or some other name
> involving an SSA. Maybe the first few datasets that I viewed on my
> first attempt were ones which could not be matched (eg not target or
> club zone datasets, or new datasets). Never mind - that is fixed now.

Glad to hear the model processing did (eventually) work for you.  Just to
clarify, since you chose to use the existing master catalog (with indirect
cataloging), then no temporary catalog alias (SSA) will be created or
used.  If you had chosen to create a new target system master catalog,
then z/OSMF will create and use a temporary catalog alias (SSA), and will
automatically prefix that value to the data set names.  The point is, you
should NOT manually include the alias prefix when defining the target data
set names (it sounded like you may have been tempted to do so, hence the
need for this clarification).

> Incidentally I find it really irritating that I cannot log off or
> somehow save my configuration changes before they are complete. I
> have had to start again several times because my dodgy home internet
> connection has temporarily failed.

Yeah, sorry about that.  We're working on adding a Save action in the
configuration wizard as I type this so you don't loose your progress if
you cannot complete the entire wizard in one fell swoop.  We hope to
deliver that update soon.

> I also decided that the reason that there is no detailed
> documentation is that, after some initial confusion, the dialogue
> is intuitive. In general I am impressed - it is, or will be, better
> than the system it replaces.

Thank you for those kind words.

Kurt Quackenbush
IBM -- z/OS SMP/E and z/OSMF Software Management
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.