From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Oscar <os...@naiandei.net>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021 10:44 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: VSAM: Why a CISIZE of 4KB has 12 phyrecs/Track, not 13?

Hi there,

There's something I'm being missing, but acording to my numbers, there
should be 13, not 12:

Bytes per track: 56,664 bytes
Bytes accessible per track: 55,996 bytes
CI size: 4096
Physical record size: 4096 bytes

Physical records per track (Bytes accessible per track / physical record
size): 55,996 / 4096 = 13.6708984375 = 13????

What I'm missing?

Thanks!
--
Oscar