I also heard the term noodle stuffer at SHARE.

Clark Morris

On Sunday 31/10/2021 at 12:33 am, Seymour J Metz  wrote:
I never met anybody who talked about the 2321 and didn't use the terms.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Bill Ogden <og...@us.ibm.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2021 11:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Reliable source for slang term "noodle picker"?

From:    Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu>
Subject: Reliable source for slang term "noodle picker"?

One of the wiki editors has removed mention of the term "noodle picker"
from [[IBM 2321 Data Cell]] with the explanation >"Really remove
unreferenced OR". Does anybody have a reliaible source for this usage that
I can cite?

I doubt there is an "official"source for this term, but it was a commonly
used slang term at the time.

(This comment is from an old old timer who actually programmed and used a noodle picker a long time ago. One thing we learned early: if possible,
keep datasets open and avoid the need to access a VTOC often. )

Bill Ogden