I am going to try what Seymour suggested entering a blank no RTF Then should
break the line I think I have been responding from my iphone however to show my
code I went back to outlook This should be line 3 Regarding CSV 806 / BLDL
going try LSEARCH=YES in my LINK this time spaced out the entire line thanks
-----Original Message----- From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of
Gibney, Dave Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2021 2:10 PM To:
IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU Subject: Re: formatting help IBM-MAIN works with plain
text, no RTF and certainly not HTML > -----Original Message----- > From: IBM
Mainframe Discussion List On > Behalf Of Joseph Reichman > Sent: Sunday,
October 31, 2021 11:07 AM > To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU > Subject: Re:
formatting help > > Have a visita 3270 > > When I originally responded to Peter
Relson I noticed in outlook sent > it was a big jumble > > I then cut then
entire response and just hit to break the > lines > > When done I did a sent it
> > But then I noticed once again it was jumbled > > This time I did the same
from outlook cookies the text from sent > folder without rtf format still came
out one big line when I looked in > the sent folder > > > > > > On Oct 31,
2021, at 1:27 PM, Paul Gilmartin requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote: > > > > On
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 11:58:04 -0400, Joseph Reichman wrote: > > > >> I think it
ways that Binyamin and Peter Relson asked to see what I > >> was > doing so I
cut and pasted my code from Sysprint > >> > > "cut and pasted my code from
Sysprint " leaves a lot unsaid. How > > did you > "cut" and > > how did you
"paste"? What are all the tools you used? > > > >> I use outlook and the format
text didn’t have RTF > >> > > An excerpt from your headers is: > > > >>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main > >> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 11:06:54 -0400650
$ > > > > In the raw text of your message, every record ends with " =", Q-P's >
> indication of a continued line. So your entire message, both > > original and
quoted text represents a single enormous line. > > > > Another of your messages
has: > > > >> X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 16.0 > >> Thread-Index:
AdfOa8yR/aaoN9VdTUahA7hMeq+OUg== > >> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii" > >> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > >> Message-ID: > >>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main > >> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 11:31:50 -0400 >
> >> Subject: formatting help > > > > And there is no formatting problem. What
did you do differently in > > that > one? > > > > >
__________________________________________________________ > _ > >>>> On Oct
31, 2021, at 11:44 AM, Seymour J Metz wrote: > >>>> > >>>> For widest
coverage, don't use RTF or HTML; write straight text, > >>>> with > blank lines
between paragraphs. Also, use spaces rather than tabs. If > you use anything
beyond ASCII, set the character set to UTF-8 unless > you are using software
that doesn't generate appropriate CT and CTE > header fields. Use format=flowed
if your e-mail client supports it. > >>>> > > +1 > > Simpler is better. > > > >
If you use a desktop file as a waystation, can you view or post a > > hex dump
of a few lines of it? > > > > -- gil > > > >
IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, > > send email to
lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO > > IBM-MAIN > >