I tried that ...
I get
IEFC657I THE SYMBOL ACTION WAS NOT USED...
Where action is one of the procedure parameters.

and the procedure parm was not passed through into the parmsdd, symbols I
create are...  procedure parms are not

hence my convoluted solution using intermediate symbols and some dummy
iefbr14 steps to use the procedure parms.