From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin [0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 6, 2021 8:38 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DFSORT job to convert FBM to FBA

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 13:34:05 -0700, Sri h Kolusu wrote:

>> X'03'  is "No operation" i.e. "don't print".  C'+' is "Print
>withoutspacing."
>
>X'03' is "No operation" for "Machine withOUT data"

I believe even a no-op CCW (used to?) need a nonzero count, else
the channel threw an error.  Perhaps the channel didn't know what
the command meant to the device.

I believe the data were transferred but the printer didn't print them.

I don't know whether an invalid character in a no-op caused a data error.

It's all probably model-dependent.

-- gil\