Hi KB,
You goofed again. Your head must be in the clouds (pun intended).

You said: "... cut out all the baggage of backward compatibility ..."
Backward compatibility is a big part of customer loyalty. Customers expect that their applications will run when processors are upgraded. For example, I have a customer that has a serious investment in 40 year old applications.

Regards,
David

On 2021-12-08 08:32, kekronbekron wrote:
True, I haven't worked in healthcare.
I do apologize for being a bit dramatic in refuting the initial statement.
I just don't get the 'this way or no way' perspective, however understandable
it is.

IBM's own quantum efforts may make MF irrelevant.
Tech will keep evolving, yes MF is excellent at what it does.
But why hold on to the favourite box and see nothing else.
Even if MF is around for 500 years, is it really going to stay as excellent as
it has been?
I'm only seeing "hey! I can do it too" sort of implementations of "new" sw on Z.
On the hardware side, I can't wait for DS9K etc.
What would be excellent is if zOS v3 started afresh and cut out all the baggage
of backward compatibility... for those who can afford to do that and therefore
take the gains therein.

- KB