On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 21:48:23 +0100, Radoslaw Skorupka <r.skoru...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Another question about ICSF:
>
>I vaguely remember that crypto domains had to be unique.
>In other words every active LPAR can have unique domain number or
>several numbers (which is another story).
>
>Now I just read the domain number may be shared and then CKDS/PKDS
>datasets may shared as well.
>Assuming we want to share CKDS/PKDS between sysplex member within CPC it
>is worth to consider - less master keys to manage.
>
>So, is it true the domains can be shared across LPARs or I misunderstood
>documentation?

I'm sure our friend from IBM will chime in, but we just went through this.
More than one lpar can use the same domain, but not the same domain on the same
crypto adapter.   We have 4 crypto express cards in each cec.   As an example,
In my lesser important lpars that dont have the same crypto load,  i have
adapter 0 and 2 on domain 0 for lpar-a, and adapter 1 and 3 on domain 0 on
lpar-b.

If you try to use same domain on same adapter in multiple lpars, you will get a
activation failure.