Hmm... Wayne is parsing LISTC output of existing GDG and grouping them
differently based on the content.
OP is looking for a way to allocate GDG/GDS-es themselves with date/time.

I still don't know clearly what's possible with system symbols, JCL symbols,
etc.

That said, I don't think it's possible to get away from the .Gxxxx name of GDS.
In which case, inserting date & time dynamically from JCL, to a GDG base isn't
of much use.

A.JAN04.Gxxx
A.JAN05.Gxxx

It's essentially creating new GDG base for each date/time, so no use.
Could just go for normal datasets with dynamic date/time, and then setup
another batch job for handling their lifecycle.
Or use SMS rules to process these specific datasets however you need.

- KB