I was RACF admin at ADF and due to the huge workload in managing the
Defence forces, we assigned GROUP SPECIAL to different divisional admins.
It reduced the workload for us, particularly password resets. It reduced
our workload down to creating Dataset aliases to enable TSO access.

We had an automated process to remove users who were inactive past a
certain elapsed time.

Wayne V. Bickerdike